Before my observations, I need to…..
- Keep track of when Claytonia will bloom in my area
- Find a patch of Claytonia nearby
- Determine if the patch of Claytonia is Claytonia virginica or Claytonia caroliniana
- Become familiar with male- and female-phase flowers
- Become familiar with determining the time of bloom
- Become familiar with the types of pollinators that will be visiting
- Make plans for when I will do observations
- Gather materials
- Print out Printable guide to Claytonia pollinators, Printable plant ID guide, and Printable field instructions (optional)
- Print out Data sheets (one set for each set of observation periods)
During my observations, I need to…..
- Fill out data sheets completely, add as many details as possible
After my observations, I need to….
- Collect my data sheets
- Download the Data spreadsheet and Volunteer questionnaire
- Fill in the data spreadsheet and volunteer questionnaire
- Send the data spreadsheet and volunteer questionnaire to email@example.com
- Send any questions or feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submit an up-close photo of a Claytonia flower from the patch where I did observations
- Submit a photo of the patch and the surrounding area